Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 05-05-2005 , 10:54 PM
Subscriber

Extrude face problem

Ok, I know that there probably is a answer to my stupid question on this site but i am pretty lazy and have already looked through like 10 threads and found nothing. But I have a extrude face problem, when I extrude the faces it creates unesecary(?) slits inside the geomtry. I have attached a pic with the top faces deleted and the inside uneeded ones visible.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-05-2005 , 11:07 PM
Subscriber
Did you have keep faces togehter checked, before you extruded it?

Polygons/Tool Options/Keep faces together

You can also check out Michael Mckinley's free tutorial on how to extrude faces, it's very good.

Last edited by mister.p; 05-05-2005 at 11:18 PM.
# 3 07-05-2005 , 07:06 AM
19 year Veteran
You can also set the option in your channel box aswell. The only downside to doing it in the channel box is that you have to reset the option everytime you do an extrude, this option helps if your model doesn't require the keep faces option on for a particluar part of your model, or vice versa.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 07-05-2005 , 01:11 PM
Subscriber
Oh, thx everyone for there help. Your absolutely right, the keep faces option was not selected. Thanks mister p. and THX1138
for all your help.