Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-06-2005 , 01:02 AM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

pretty much finished my ninja turtle for my new demo. Since, I wanted to do an animation demo I decided i should leave the shading and textures alone(UV maps are layed out). Plus, i just don't really like doing texturing anyways. I'm probably going to put everything into greyscale except for the head band. I am doing bumpmaps in zbrush so it won't look so flat. I just have to repaint some weights and finish the hand rig and off i go! I'll probably make this rig available for people to try out after i'm done my demo. It's set up similar to the Ichigo rig that i did earlier on. Any comments or critiques welcome.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 02-06-2005 , 01:39 AM
Subscriber
Man, I still have some of the original black and white comics of the Ninja Turtles. The model looks good. Only thing that looks odd to me is the where the leg connects to the torso... seems a bit to narrow or like there is no hip.

Rather than grayscale, why not use basic colored shaders. If you going gray, then I'd vote for all gray, i.e. no colored bands.

Look forward to seeing the move. Will the demo be viewable online?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 02-06-2005 , 07:27 PM
Thins brings back the memories user added image

I had the wallpaper, bedsheets, toys, everything when i was younger.

Good work with the model. Are you going to create them all, and Splinter? I can imagine some good compositions with these lot.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 4 02-06-2005 , 08:10 PM
um probably not...i don't really like modeling.....for now at least. The turtle model drove me crazy. Especially when i was rigging the shells to the parts that were moving. probably going to make a rooftop scene with some foot clan members.

Yeah i grew up during the eighties, when the turtles were the big thing. I rember eastman and lairds original covers and the cartoons. I was going to do a rocksteady and bebop model.....but maybe another day.

Anyways if anybody wants to texure, drop me a line and i'll send the model over

mhcannon-yeah there some oddities in the model. I used a reference for the head, but pretty much worked off my memory for the body.
yes it will be online

# 5 02-06-2005 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber
Hey I'll take a shot at the texture if you're not in a hugh hurry.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 6 09-06-2005 , 07:19 AM
Subscriber
oooh! i loved that show...had all the action figures and always drew them instead of doing homework...

you did a great job on it!!

i'd love to get that model if i could and try texturing it

*edit* Donatello was the coolest :p

Last edited by errethakbe; 09-06-2005 at 07:28 AM.
# 7 09-06-2005 , 08:00 PM
user added image

yeah i'll upload it this weekend or try to get it on my site...hope you guys enjoy this pic...still a wip with the bump maps

# 8 10-06-2005 , 02:33 AM
Subscriber
what's ur site?

i like the expression you gave him...raphael has sais though user added image

# 9 20-06-2005 , 04:11 AM
i just finished my ninja model for the demo..tweak the shaders a bit...wanted a simple model since they'll be moving lke quick shadows..
o my site?....that's a mess..i don't have time to design it yet...if i don't i will post it i simplymaya for download
user added image