Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 20-07-2005 , 07:39 PM
Subscriber

hot key for toggling between text and camera views

Hi there all,
I have learned some pretty fancy things that you can do with your keyboard such as cycling through an hiearchy of bones or switching tools etc. Though when I am editing an attribute say for instance renaming a node, it is a real pain that I loose the functionality of these hot keys becuase the main focus is in the text box. For instance, say I want to rename a chain of bones that I have just created. Normally to cycle through the bones I would just use the up and down arrow keys. However, when I go to rename the selected bone and then hit the enter key, I then can't use the up or down arrow keys to cylce to the next bone. So to be able to go to the next bone I first have to click onto a camera view window. Then after clicking onto a camera view it deslects the active bone which I think is kind of dumb to even have hot keys if you can't use them after editing an attribute. So I wanted to know is their a setting that I could set that after hitting the enter key it gives me back the hot keys?

I tried looking in the help docs, as well as in the hot key prefrences but I can't seem to find anything on this.