Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-10-2005 , 10:52 PM

Objects not showing when opening scene

I was building a model which was just a single polygonal cube extruded a bunch, and I did a boolean->union to another polygonal object. The new mesh (polysurface1 & 2) appeared so I deleted the old meshes and went about editing the new polysurfaces. However upon saving the file, and reopening it, nothing appears. When I deleted the old meshes did I pretty much destroy my whole project? Is there any way to get that work back?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

# 2 23-10-2005 , 06:02 AM
Subscriber
sounds wierd.
Sometimes i get something simalar to that when import a obj model. It just doesnt show up.
But what i would do, is open your outliner, and check to see if the geometry is listed there. Eg.. cube1
If it is, it means its there but probably just lost its material shading.
So click on the object in the outliner, then right click on the screen, and try to re-add the material to it.
Thats all i can think of right now.

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.