Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-11-2005 , 01:36 AM

WIP: Robot Mushroom

Good evening everyone! The mushroom season is now over here in Finland. The first snow came and all of the mushrooms are now dead. user added image I wanted to honour all the great moments mushrooms have given to me trough photography these last months by making one in Maya. I wanted to create a special mushroom, by making it a hybrid of a robot and a normal mushroom. I didn't manage to find any robot mushroom -works by anyone, so the only reference I had was in my head. An idea so crazy it just had to be done. user added image

I used a very old photo of mine as LDR reflection (sphere) to the mushroom, thus give it some interesting details and illumination. Final render done with Mental Ray + LDR + Final Gather + Depth of Field. Finishing touch with gradients done in Photoshop. I'm going to make a better surrounding/atmosphere to the scene in the future. That's where I would like your input. I'm a real newbie at Maya so I don't know much about fluids or particles. How could I make a scene like this more interesting and more fun to look at.

user added image

Please keep in mind that this is my second ever 3D-work, so please be gentle with your criticism. user added image I have been using Maya for about a month now. And this is the first work I feel good about, hehe.

Solkku

# 2 08-11-2005 , 09:41 PM
Hey. Very nice rendering!
I like it. The modeling is simple but not bad. The whole thing fits together!

# 3 08-11-2005 , 09:48 PM
make a field of them as far as the eye(camera) can see.

# 4 10-11-2005 , 08:58 PM
OMG your second work! You own!