Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-11-2005 , 05:15 PM

Maya primitive sphere problem/bug? (images)

So I just began learning Maya, and I'm trying to follow some tutorial videos (ie. the dog on here). Well, I start out placing the sphere in my scene, then I rotate the end sweep to the back and down, as the tutorial video shows. Then he proceeds with grabbing some nurbs and morphing the sphere and such. When I do this, the end of my sphere gets all messed up. I've tried everything, and the only way I can get it to not mess up is by rotating the sphere a different way. But this puts the end points (top and bottom of the sphere) in the z-axis (facing the sceen), when they should be on the x-axis (left-right). I've posted some screenshots below to make this a little clearer. I don't know if this is a bug or what, but it's quite annoying.

Put the sphere in my scene:
user added image

Rotate the end sweep back(right) and down:
user added image

Grab the nurbs I'm about to morph:
user added image

Pull them left as the video does, notice the glitch?
user added image

# 2 23-11-2005 , 05:21 PM
yes i think it only looks that way.. i had this too but when rendering or changing view and put it on highest view mode i think it was 3 or 6 then it was gone user added image