Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 30-11-2005 , 09:44 PM

Gallery submission: Rotten... (gore warning)

Hey, I am testing a lot of stuff with rendering (Software and MR), other tools like Zbrush and all sorts..

So here is a new image that I will call completed for now, has taken like 14 days in the evenings to make.. on and off..

Software used :

Silo, Maya, Zbrush, Software rendering, MentalRay, Shave and a haircut, Photoshop. So basicly its a test of making all those apps work together..

The objects has been in and out of Silo, Maya and Zbrush like 20 times user added image

and it all ended in the wonderful (theres no end of possibilities) Photoshop.

Here we go :>

Attached Thumbnails

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 2 01-12-2005 , 03:02 AM
thats pretty cool! and ouch that must hurt.. I wouldent open my mouth if i had that problem ^_^ good work.user added image

Looking for a Job
Aim :hondahunter614
My Portfolio
https://photobucket.com/albums/y157/bizzarostormy614/Portfolio/
# 3 01-12-2005 , 11:35 AM
i love it, i woukdnt know wherre to start with exporting. So is z brush used iun conjunction with maya? do you require a wacom.

# 4 01-12-2005 , 02:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback..

You would definately be better off with a wacom, but you can do it without.. From Maya create a lowrez object, export as OBJ, import in Zbrush.. From there, read the Zbrush manuals about Displacement mapping..
:oP

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
LEGO Systems A/S
# 5 02-12-2005 , 10:32 AM
Awesome work man, is it hard to get all those pieces of software workning in "unison" so to speak? I'd be scared that i'd mess up an import/export somewhere!!

I've only played woth maya and photoshop, and after effects, and have trouble with them!!

Need more practice creating textures etc. Do you have any suggestions to start with?

# 6 02-12-2005 , 03:35 PM
Very nice.
Is this an advanced version of your picture you did with PS before?

# 7 02-12-2005 , 03:47 PM
Fubar : yes and no ... The PS one, started from a Photograph, and this one is modeled etc..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
LEGO Systems A/S
# 8 02-12-2005 , 05:37 PM
Oh. Much better. I thought you started with a photo this time, too. user added image

# 9 04-12-2005 , 07:07 PM
nice. very interesting.

user added image

but for someone who doesn't know any software other than maya, its hard to visualize what you did where.
can you maybe show your model in different stages, or maybe there would be some way to show the role of different softwares in getting it to look like that..

# 10 07-12-2005 , 11:26 AM
I'll see what I can come up with, maybe during the weekend..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
LEGO Systems A/S