Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 02-12-2005 , 10:43 AM

Creating HDRI Images

Just had a bit of a thought and guessed you guys would be the best to run it past!

If I had a series of images in the correct format for HDRI's (24 bit Tif's I think would do??) could I use the Spherise tool in photoshop to create a basic light probe image, and then use the HDR shop software to compose the differently exposed images in to one hdr image??

I might be barking up the wrong tree but I just had a bit of a think about trying to create HDRI's in the most simple way so any comments would be great.

Cheers

# 2 02-12-2005 , 09:08 PM
Thats a great idea! But you can save something like the probe as a JPG and just have HDR shop convert it to HDRI

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 03-12-2005 , 06:09 PM
Cool, gonna give it a try, I know you need to take pictures of various exposures to get the full range of lights.

Thought that this way you wouldn't have to play about with a chrome ball etc.

Anyone else got any ideas on this?

# 4 04-12-2005 , 08:53 PM
No you dont need any exposures... all you need is the probe and you adjust the exposure inside HDR shop./

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 5 06-12-2005 , 09:49 AM
Im sure to get the full benifit of using the HDRI map for real world reflections it's best to use different exposures, hence getting the high dynamic range, as a camera can't take a picture with the full range of exposures that our eyes can.

https://www.gregdowning.com/HDRI/stitched/

shows how the images are composed to form a full range image