Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-12-2005 , 08:26 PM

A load of NooBie QQQ

Ok I have Maya 5 PLE, the one that come with UT2004. I would like to get a full version of Maya, maybe 7 but I don’t want to spend an s**t loads of money on it. As I’m using it for personal use is there a low cost version. I have seen a low cost version for students, is there one for NooB like me???

You see in Maya 5 PLE you can’t use metal ray. I would like to burn lighting onto models I have created in Maya. Also in the full version of Maya that is the size of the render view. Plus is there a simpler way to unwrap UV maps???

Sorry for going on…

:headbang:

# 2 02-12-2005 , 09:30 PM
Subscriber
Dude MAYA is expensive full stop .

ps for mental ray in PLE get maya 7 ple off alias website and it has it
check ur version first under plugin in manager and tick what i have highlighted. if not there u need a newer version of ple

Attached Thumbnails

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 02-12-2005 , 11:34 PM
Please don't triple-thread.

Anyway -- personally I find Maya UVunwrap easy enough. So long as you convert to UVs you can move around and do whatever you want.

Last edited by Phopojijo; 02-12-2005 at 11:40 PM.