Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-12-2005 , 08:14 PM

Which GPU should I use....?

I just bought a ATI Firegl X1 from a friend who mistakenly ordered it from Dell. Got a pretty good deal on it but have not installed it. Heres the deal. I am trying to learn CGI. Primarily Maya. I currently have an PNY 6600GT in my system that seems to run Maya just fine. I also ocassionally do some PC Gaming. Will the ATI card be able to run games like Quake4 & Doom3 or should I just stick with the 6600GT. Both cards are the 128mb versions. I am going to sell one of them but which one...?

Thanks - Travis

"The Object of War is not to Die for Your Country but to make the Other Bastard Die for His.." General George S. Patton
# 2 04-12-2005 , 08:33 PM
Subscriber
id say sell the ati card.

u can get more for it thatn the geForce.

u can soft mod the geForce into a quadro.

# 3 04-12-2005 , 08:40 PM
softmod...? What is the ATI worth...?

"The Object of War is not to Die for Your Country but to make the Other Bastard Die for His.." General George S. Patton
# 4 04-12-2005 , 09:00 PM
Subscriber