SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

Home / forum / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Using unfold maya 7.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 09:12 PM   #1
Biccard Jeppe

Default Using unfold maya 7.0

We use 3ds Max 8 at school, and pelt unwrapping is my hero. 3ds max is an ugly program. But pelt unwrapping is some life saving shit. I have tried the mel script for pelt unwrapping, but its a wild one and people say unfold is great.

Whats the deal with unfold? I cannot seem to get it to perform correctly. Huge probelm I am facing is my UV's deciding to slide 40,000 leagues to the bottom right If I adjust the solver weighting to anything above 0.000.

Also occasionally If pin uv border or pin selected is turned on a similar thing happens.

Please see my screenshot.

I have tried unfolding much smaller sections of UV's, which sometimes works. But for example it will work OK on one folded eye area, select exactly the same UV's on the other side and it does bollocks. Pinning borders and bah bah bah. Times running out and I'm getting frustrated.

Has anyone successfully used unfold for say a face? I had no trouble with shoes strangely. I have heard that an alternating convex concave pattern of a geometric structure apparently effects unfolding, ie a face. Any tips? Please I am dying.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture 1.png
Views:	46
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	25647  
Biccard Jeppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:29 PM   #2
mc-fleury

yeah same thing with we cant get it to work.
mc-fleury is offline   Reply With Quote
New Thread