Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 14-01-2006 , 01:03 AM
Subscriber

Lighting problem2

I had just finished texturing the pool table lamp. I used multiple uv sets and linked the textures according to their uv sets. I then added 4 quadratic point lights inside the lamp that are set to illuminate all objects as well as with depth map shadows turned on. Then after renedering it, the front of Jack Daniels side lights up pretty good, but the sides don't light up. (see Fig1 below). So, just for the heck of it, I said to myself let me try adding a directional light that would be linked only to pool table lamp. So thats what I did, but at first even setting the intensity to 1, it still didn't help that much. So I then increased it to 2, it did a little better but still not the same values as to the Jack Daniel's side. (see Fig2 below)

So I was wondering if anybody would know why it would do this? The stainglass area is all one peice and one shader, and it's translucency is set to 0.25. Any idea's?

here are the pics

Attached Images
# 2 14-01-2006 , 01:04 AM
Subscriber
Sorry but for some reason I couldn't attach both files in the first post. But heres Fig2

Attached Images