Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 16-01-2006 , 05:49 PM
Subscriber

loop movie texture

hi, I have a 46frame movie texture in maya 6.5 I would like to loop. I already created a massive movie file by pasting and adding the file to itself in quick time. But having a 260mb .mov cannot be the sollution, especially because I need something quite long now.
I tried to modify the expression attached to the frameextension of my texture.
I don't have maya on this machine, but my epression attemt was someting like this:

movie01.framextension = frame;

if (frame < 46)
movie01.framextension = 0;

I tried to tell maya to jump back to the start of my movie after it is done, but It didn't work and I am not relly good with maths (to be precise I am an idiot)

So I'm asking you guys for help and to laugh at my pathetic expression user added image

I also put this thread in the mel and programming forum since i didn't really know where it belongs to

thanks for any help!

# 2 20-01-2006 , 03:33 PM
Subscriber
funny to answer my own question. But the screaming and yelling at the screen finally helped:attn:
So for anyone who has the same problem here is a sollution. The trick is to work without an expressin. So you delete the default expression maya attaches to the frame extension.
Next you keyframe the frame extension, put the first keyframe where you want your clip to start and the last one according to the number of frames your clip has.
Then open the graph editor select the frame extension curve and set it to oscilate or infinity.

have fun

# 3 24-01-2006 , 10:19 PM
thx for sharing!

# 4 25-01-2006 , 10:50 AM
Subscriber
welcome!

# 5 12-02-2020 , 05:24 AM

funny to answer my own question. But the screaming and yelling at the screen finally helped:attn:
So for anyone who has the same problem here is a sollution. The trick is to work without an expressin. So you delete the default expression maya attaches to the frame extension.
Next you keyframe the frame extension, put the first keyframe where you want your clip to start and the last one according to the number of frames your clip has.
Then open the graph editor select the frame extension curve and set it to oscilate or infinity.

have fun

SORRY DUDE!

Keyframe the file extension? How the do you do that? and where?