Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 07-02-2006 , 11:02 PM

all i want is 3d text help help

When ever i go to loft my text it goes crazy, Is there no way to just extrude the faces or something. all i want to do is have 3d text. im going into motion graphics and need to make logos 3d but how do i even start by making my name in 3d. please help im getting a headache from all these tutorials that have nothing to do with text or lofting.

thanks

# 2 07-02-2006 , 11:35 PM
Subscriber
yes just do that extrude the faces go to create option box make sure its on polys and quads then create ure text in the create section.
Hmm im sure a little bit of fiddling and u could have worked this out, as with most of the noob questions seems hardly anyone is willing to tr something out there selves. How can u ever be expected to be successful without working ure own things out user added image
Not meaning to b rude but im sure others are with me.
there ill get off my soap box/ lol

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 08-02-2006 , 08:43 PM
I always use the Bevel Plus tool under the surfaces menu. It is the easiest way to make text in maya as well it offers you many beveling options.

You can choose what kind of ouput geometry that you want. You mus drag select the letters and bevel one at a time. Make sure you get the inner curves as you drag.