Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-03-2006 , 09:57 AM

Guitar

This is one of the projects I tried for a realist look . . . . I sent this picture to my sister and told her it was my new guitar and she fell for it . . . :attn:

Attached Thumbnails

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 2 04-03-2006 , 03:55 PM
Looks decent,

Did you render that with the Software renderer or with MR?

# 3 04-03-2006 , 04:12 PM
That is just maya's renderer . . . rendering and texturing are not really my forté . . .

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 4 04-03-2006 , 05:55 PM
Have a play with mental ray. Have a look on the internet for some tut's you wont be disapointed with the results

# 5 07-03-2006 , 01:34 PM
well done skywola, though at the moment everything is looking a little too clean. Also, I am not sure about the tiled floor, especially since you have the guitar lined up with the tiles. I think the image could use another cool colour to contrast with the warm colours of the guitar. Keep up the good work. user added image