SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

Home / forum / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Maya 4 and After Effects 5.5 ??
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 01:28 PM   #1
.:morpher:.

Question Maya 4 and After Effects 5.5 ??

Hi!
Does one of you know how I can composite my 3D Modells and my Camera in After Effects?
I want to make that:
In Maya I created some Texts that are standing on a plane. Than I positioned some locators that will be replaced in AfterEffects with other video footage. At the moment I'm rendering first the scene targa sequence and then save the camera motion as a ma file that can be imported in After Effects. The rendered targa sequenz do I use as the background layer. My Problem now is that when I do a 360 degree turn my replaced video allways stays in front of the background, but after 180 degree's the text should stand in front of the videofootage. I hope that u understand what I mean.
Here is a short sample of what I got so far:
SAMPLE VIDEO (ca. 2 MB)