Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 21-04-2006 , 10:03 AM

Bird

Well, I'm at it again . . . . I'm working on adding a bird to the Walkerman program. I've been working on a spider, but it is relatively simple, and I have been wanting to get going on doing a bird.

I plan on making the bird so an animator can control the wing spread, the feathers on the wing, the amount of bend in both forward-backward and up-down, how fast the wings flap, the feather spread on the tail, tail up-down and who knows what else. . .

When I release Walkerman 1.2, I will probably have the spider and centaur included, and a few other modifications, like I have made it possible to re-pose the skeleton regardless of what gait the character is in.

For the future, I plan on doing some minor modifications on the quadraped, so I can get a more realistic bend of the back, and once I finish the bird, I think I will start actually using some of these creations for an animation project i have in mind.

Unless I happen to come up with new ideas as far as code-writing goes, the only other project I have in mind is one to
read what texture files a project has in it an move the files into a new texture folder then re-link them to the project file so they can be included in an upload.

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche