Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 24-05-2006 , 08:08 PM

watertank

Hy!

I need to make a watertank. It needs to be something like glass so i can see the water going up and down inside!(needs to be transparent)

Can I do this in MAya? Any ideas? or maybe a tutorial you've seen around here...

Thank you very much

# 2 24-05-2006 , 08:34 PM
Subscriber

Re: watertank

Originally posted by amnalkin
Hy!

I need to make a watertank. It needs to be something like glass so i can see the water going up and down inside!(needs to be transparent)

Can I do this in MAya? Any ideas? or maybe a tutorial you've seen around here...

Thank you very much

You could do this in Maya. Play with the Fluid Effects in maya's Dynamics. Or you could just model the tank, give it transparency. As for the water if you just want it unanimated, you can just apply a background or texture whatever. Can't really help you out on the animation part, but check out this site.
www.learningmaya.com

# 3 25-05-2006 , 05:23 AM
Thank you! But the problem was exactly in water animation, not in designing the watertank!