Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 14-06-2006 , 09:02 PM

Manipulator handles won't show.

When I select the rotate tool or any of the other translate tools the manipulator handles won't show. I'll be able to rotate or scale but the red,green and blue arrows won't show.
How can I solve this? user added image

Ok so this is a real newbie question, but I'm new to Maya and haven't been able to sort this out by extensive search in the manual and the program itself. It's starting to bug me that I can't find a way to see the handles. :headbang:

# 2 14-06-2006 , 09:36 PM
Have you tried the + key? hit a few times...+/- make the manipulators bigger and smaller...

# 3 15-06-2006 , 07:22 AM
Is this in all views?

It could be your graphics card, try updating the drivers if the other suggestions don't work.

# 4 15-06-2006 , 11:29 AM

Originally posted by gster123
Is this in all views?

It could be your graphics card, try updating the drivers if the other suggestions don't work.

No, the manipulator handles shows when using the move tool (although it doesn't look like how it supposed to with arrows at the end - in fact there is no end (the Y,X,Z handles goes on infinate, there is no handles at the end. There is no end).

On the other tools it doesn't even show though...

user added image

# 5 15-06-2006 , 11:43 AM
It seems that the handles are too big, keep pressing the - key untill they become smaller, as ession said, that should work.

# 6 15-06-2006 , 12:16 PM
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out. user added image
By that logic I trust that hitting the + key will work for those tools where the handles are not even visible?

# 7 15-06-2006 , 12:48 PM
Think that they might be so bit that you cant see them so - should do it (to make them smaller)

# 8 15-06-2006 , 05:23 PM
I tried and it worked, the handles were just so overlarge I couldn't see them. I must have accidentally pressed + a lot of times user added image

Thanks for the help btw user added image