Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 17-06-2006 , 03:09 PM
Subscriber

Waaa! But I did close the loop!! Help!

Hi everyone!

I don't think this has been answered on this forum, at least I couldnt find it.

I've been following the Maya tutorials on curves and cloth but no matter what I do whenever I try to turn a finished curve into a garment it says "Error: Curves must form a closed loop. Check for unconnected or extra curves." but i've followed the curves tutorial and the clothes ones and I have closed them (at least I thought I had).

I've been making sure the last point is touching the first before pressing enter and i have also tried "edit curves: open/close curves" but with no success. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? This is driving me insane!

All the best
Simon

www.simontayloranimation.com

Last edited by sjtaylor84; 17-06-2006 at 03:41 PM.
# 2 17-06-2006 , 09:39 PM
try creating a nurbs square from the menu and try making that a panel, then garmet, if that works then try using curve snap, instead of point snap and vice versa.

# 3 18-06-2006 , 08:45 AM
Subscriber
Thanks, I can turn a Nurbs square or circle into any type of cloth but any curve I draw myself doesn't work, i've tried curve snap and point snap and on both occasions you can see that the 1st and last points are snapping together. Any other ideas? user added image

www.simontayloranimation.com