SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

Home / forum / Lounges / Technical Issues / Reference Image is wacked
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Thread

Old 21-06-2006, 12:47 AM   #1
torn_from_evil
Subscriber

Default Reference Image is wacked

Please forgive my nebish ways (and crappy spelling) but I am getting very frustrated and have no idea how to fix it.

I breifly looked thru the forums and didnt really find this problem. i found a similar issue with a hellicopter pic but i think that this is more sever.

I am attempting to create a plane and use it as a reference image. I create a new lambert, select the file as a color, import the image and click and drag the new lambert from the hypershader window and when i do, i get a crooked image. it is very difficult to model this way.

Ill use this pic of Robocop as an example.

I was thinkin about modeling his head but after importing the image............:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Ill try and post the image but if it doesn't post, here is a link: http://www.chirp.org/badrobo.jpg

Please, any help would be appreciated. Im running XP Pro, 1gig-o-ram, Nvidia 6800 - im currently downloading the latest drivers.

Thanks,
Micah

torn_from_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 02:42 AM   #2
esion

There are quite a few threads on this...im not sure what exactly it is, but I think you need the latest drivers and the latest maya edition...
esion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #3
torn_from_evil
Subscriber

yep. that fixed it. thx!
torn_from_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2006, 06:52 PM   #4
13th_resident
Subscriber

this type of thread comes up every other month.