Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-07-2006 , 04:19 PM

Use MEL to specify directory for File Dialog

I am working on a animation short with a group of about 8 people and we have an area where all the master files are stored. I want to keep my project directory in my home area, but I often want to open files in directories in the shared area. Maya provides no way of bookmarking this that I could find. I thought maybe MEL would offer a solution, but there seems to be no way to specify a directory for the "OpenScene" command.

BTW, I am on a linux machine.

Thanks.
Stu

# 2 14-07-2006 , 04:28 PM
Subscriber
u can just make a GUI

with different set project commands,

i.e. one button could have the command to set to your project dir :
setProject "filepath here" ;

and another button with a differnt project file path.

# 3 14-07-2006 , 05:30 PM
I don't want to change my project. I just want to bookmark directories. But since maya has no way to do this I wanted to make a shelf button that opens the open file dialog with a specific path.