Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 14-08-2006 , 11:28 AM

Slow rendering

Hi,
I have just bought a new PC, it has two 3g Xeon duel core chips and hypo-threading with 2 gb DDR ram and an ATI 256 mb graphics card and it was taken twice as long to render as my old 3gb with 1 gb of sd ram and a 128 mb Nvider card. The more of the hypo-threading and duel cores we turn off the faster it renders. Can anybody tell me what going on and how I can improve things.
Thanks
Bill

# 2 16-08-2006 , 04:03 AM
Hi Man

For some reason Maya dosent seem to like hyperthreading, also make sure that you enable multi threads or maya willl just use one core.

Theres a thread on the subject over at cgtalk about "fastest render in with maya 7/8" (thats not the thread title but you'll see it if you have a look in the maya thread) The guys there show the settings etc so you can post your settings and get some advice.

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers

# 3 17-08-2006 , 12:59 AM
Sorry not sure what you mean by Cgtalk?

# 4 17-08-2006 , 01:05 AM