Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-11-2006 , 05:28 AM

texture distorted on poly

hi, my second question already.

I modeld a simple facade, made holes with booleans->difference and then started to drag some lines to get some angeld face's in the window.

Bt by doing this I think I mest up some uv's, my problem is that i am not very good with uv's so any help would be nice

the attacment shows the distortion. The problem is that each element is different so a solution wich i can do on each poly would be nice( otherwise a solution i came up with is modeling it with booleans and also make the angeld faces with the boleans and not moving the lines of the poly window)

thanks

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 23-11-2006 , 05:36 AM
I think I found a solution by using a planar map it works almost ok.

so sory for my premature response on the board, i schould have first try to experiment more.

edit: but other solutions would be still very nice, because this isn't the most handy

Last edited by swissone; 23-11-2006 at 05:56 AM.