Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-02-2007 , 12:56 PM

i have a question about maya.....

hey everyone, I'm fairly new with maya. Does any body knows how to place a sky and ground in maya? I've tried other programs like cinema 4d which is really easy to set a sky and ground surface but I just don't get it how to do it with maya. I want to learn how to use a 3d software, so far I've tried cinema 4d which i found really easy to use, then lightwave but looks too complicated and now maya. I will like to continue using maya because this is the software we used in school but at this moment i'm learing it by myself.

thank you in advance!

# 2 03-02-2007 , 05:50 PM
welcome to Maya community lico0485

well im not very experienced in maya but as far as i know, you cant "set" the sky and ground in maya, like the way you set them in cinema4D, you have to "create" them in Maya

for a ground i usually create a plane ( thats enough for me most of the time)
:blush:

as a sky just make a sphere and enlarge it (around 200 units for radius will do fine) and give it a light blue color

i wud suggest u to do all the tutorials in the help files that comes with Maya

if u want to create detail skies you might want to look for few tutorials about dynamics

Maya is simple, but only if you believe it