Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-02-2007 , 08:49 PM

what is color?

project for class. teacher asked "what is color, what is light?" and the medium was up to the student.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 07-02-2007 , 08:55 PM
different focus

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 07-02-2007 , 09:55 PM
what are the objects coming out of the red... err... vase?

i'd have to say both images are effective because of the lack of light in the surrounding areas, although i'm not sure if the dof effect is necessary. the focus is already on the lighted object, so there's no real need to draw people to it... also, i kinda like the specular highlights on the further... umm... vases.

Accept no substitutions.
# 4 08-02-2007 , 02:30 AM
i turned in the one w/ no depth of focus because of the same reason you mentioned. they're just a bunch of identical vases and i used color (red, obviously) and light to make one appear superior to the others surrounding it. another concept was an attempt to take red, which affects the human body stronger than other colors of the spectrum, and make its effect even greater.

# 5 11-02-2007 , 07:38 PM

Originally posted by mayh3m
another concept was an attempt to take red, which affects the human body stronger than other colors of the spectrum, and make its effect even greater.

Well, it worked! Nice composition and excellent execution of the assignment! Things deffinitely do become superior when given color and light. KUTGW!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 6 11-03-2007 , 09:41 AM
Subscriber
I like it. Recently I've been trying to do a 3D school project but I had to uninstall Maya because my bro loaded up the computer with pointless stuff that he's never used, waiting to delete them. Back to the topic, it looks really cool. The only thing I'm having trouble getting used to is the tops of the light rays coming out of the vial, almost as if there's something blocking their beams but in any sense, it's an effective work. I'm sure you'll get an A just for using a different medium than most kids and for doing such a good job user added image.

My password is ********.
# 7 11-03-2007 , 09:42 AM
Subscriber
haha, just looked at when this was posted, I'm sure you already got an A.

My password is ********.
# 8 11-03-2007 , 10:17 AM
Acid44
thats amazing man nothing less just amazing

^THAT AVATARS FROM TERRAGEN!!!! nothing renders the same as terragen