SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

Home / forum / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Fur Rendering Problem
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 05:59 AM   #1
Radical Edward

Default Fur Rendering Problem

I have this odd problem with fur. I am using render layers, and have split my grass (fur) into a render layer of its own. The problem is that the tips seem to take on the colour of the camera background. How can I make it so that it is just transparent? I need to get rid of the background color otherwise I can't composite. I attach a psd in a zip so you can see what I mean.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tower_layertest.zip (158.4 KB, 13 views)
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:34 AM   #2
Radical Edward

I think I've solved it. The problem is the way that maya/mental ray composites the fur image. onto the main image. If I render everything on layers and instruct maya to save the fur images and turn off compositing (in fur render settings) Then I take the iff image from the fur images folder, convert it into a png and then composite it manually in photoshop. The iff/png contains all of the alpha information meaning that it does not take on the colour of the background.
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
New Thread