Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 17-03-2007 , 08:17 AM

My clothes on my character don't animate

Heya guys

Thanks to that Maya cloth tutorial, I managed to get my cloth to wrap in my character and now its in the state I am happy with. My character is rigged and when I move any part, for example, if I move his arm, the cloth don't move/animate.

Aren't I suppose to get a realtime cloth reation/animation? I asked 2 boards this question and I really didn't get a result

Any suggestion would be sooooo appreciated user added image :bow:

EDIT: Sorry guys, I posted this in the animation forum, I though this will fit under the newbie forum :blush:

Ouch Maya! Take it easy
# 2 19-03-2007 , 12:44 PM
I assume clothing is a difficult subject. Any suggestion would be still appreciated but I think I saw a video dealing with clothing. I guess I'm going to get it user added image user added image

Ouch Maya! Take it easy
# 3 19-03-2007 , 02:59 PM
Senior Software Developer
Cloth will not simulate when you scrub along the timeline. Delete the cache and then allow the simulation to run, create a playblast to see the results. IF still no joy it could mean that the collision was not created correctly.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 19-03-2007 , 07:29 PM
Thx R@nSiD. lol I though that when the cloth simulate to the state you want that they'll animate in real time. But yea, it did actually work.

Now when I move my character, his pants drops off user added image

Ouch Maya! Take it easy