Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-04-2007 , 04:02 PM

Problem with planar mapping

Ok so im a newb and i've used maya 8 for just this semester. My problem right now is my planar mapping isn't working right now. Im have problems with my image planes and mapping the image. Hardware texturing is on, but when I go to the uv texture editor, all I see is a grey plane. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

# 2 24-04-2007 , 08:27 PM
Subscriber
i don't see the problem...

don't get the laid out uvs or is the image not shwing in the uv-e???

for the second one, theres a button toggle image i think its called.

for the first one, what do you do to get your uv layout???

# 3 24-04-2007 , 08:33 PM

Re: Problem with planar mapping

Originally posted by cloudnine1098
Im have problems with my image planes and mapping the image. Hardware texturing is on, but when I go to the uv texture editor, all I see is a grey plane. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

The UV window will display a grey plane if you don't have anything selected.

# 4 24-04-2007 , 08:50 PM
the image shows up, but its totally cropped. i was trying to use planar mapping and nothing happens, it's still cropped. I use maya 8.5 at school and its working perfectly fine when I map the images.