ok shame on me for poor show last 2 challenges, but real life (insert favourite curses here). Technically I am way in over my head here, but isn't that what challenges are all about? I really need to learn how to do this
First of all, thanks Mike for providing these models. What a great insight it's been just studying them.
Meet Calamity retro beachbabe Jane. A James Bond-esque girl if you will. Only small modifications to give her feminine, retro (graphic design) features. Not done with the modifications yet but it's late and out of time. Won't be that much mods anyhow.
1. To learn UV mapping basics, onto good and efficient layout.
2. To understand how to technically attack such a thing as hair.
1. To handpaint all textures. No fancy bells and whistles materials.
2. Make it obviously different from Mike's wonderful finished model.
3. Attack it as if it was a game model. Use the geometry that's there and somehow make it look like there's more geo than it really is. If that makes sense.
Here's the quick start.