Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 14-05-2007 , 11:19 PM

orange advertisement

Last edited by mayh3m; 14-05-2007 at 11:25 PM.
# 2 15-05-2007 , 07:47 PM
edges look kinda funky

# 3 23-05-2007 , 03:13 AM
lower the contrast or adjust the colours in photoshop, its really hard to look at.

# 4 24-05-2007 , 02:00 PM
gr8 my friend thx

hello
# 5 24-05-2007 , 03:05 PM

Originally posted by Altadena
edges look kinda funky

Originally posted by wokendreams
lower the contrast or adjust the colours in photoshop, its really hard to look at.

I have no idea what you two are talking about! I love it! It makes me want some citrus! Very effective ad! I love the idea, and I love how you carried out the purpose! KUTGW

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 6 24-05-2007 , 08:38 PM
Citrus thinking that way makes it seem better. Geuss it was my perspective.

# 7 25-05-2007 , 10:39 AM
Subscriber
The idea is fine, but im struggling to see the point of those overlays. ie. The warped jigsaw peices, the greeny yellowy lines, and the hexagonal pattern. Simplicity is the height of sophistication; get rid of all the crap and it would look quite nice user added image

/Edit - i've just noticed the dodgy edges too on the 2nd and 3rd closest pieces, and now I'm wondering if the overlays are trying to hide them user added image

Last edited by petrol; 25-05-2007 at 10:41 AM.
# 8 25-05-2007 , 04:16 PM
i'm a graphic designer. Of course simplicity is best, but that's not what i'm going for here. my message is that the color orange can be used in more places than one normally assumes, thus breaking the confines of an orange peel. it is seeking new genres, so to speak.
as for the edges, i was too pressed for time to go back into maya and fix it at the time of the project. it will be fixed for my portfolio, though. thanks for responses guys.

Originally posted by petrol
The idea is fine, but im struggling to see the point of those overlays. ie. The warped jigsaw peices, the greeny yellowy lines, and the hexagonal pattern. Simplicity is the height of sophistication; get rid of all the crap and it would look quite nice user added image

/Edit - i've just noticed the dodgy edges too on the 2nd and 3rd closest pieces, and now I'm wondering if the overlays are trying to hide them user added image

Last edited by mayh3m; 29-05-2007 at 05:11 PM.