Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-05-2007 , 07:33 PM
Subscriber

Batch renderiing stalls

I need to render a shot that's 375 frames long. I usually use Deadline render manager, although I was having problems with a particular shot, so I decided to use the good-old batch render option in Maya's rendering menu.

That all works fine and dandy, but, after a couple of hours, it hangs. I then have to cancel it, re-enter the frame to begin rendering with and start over again.

I was hoping to have this shot done over night, but that's not going to happen as it'll stall.

Anyone got any ideas how to stop it stalling?

Thanks

# 2 22-05-2007 , 12:19 AM
Not sure why it's stalling, but I would try batch rendering outside of Maya. The Maya interface uses a lot of ram that you don't need for rendering. Try this. Make sure your render settings are set up as you want them. Close Maya, and right-click on your maya file. It should give you a render option, so select that. It should start rendering in DOS.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

# 3 22-05-2007 , 08:41 AM

Originally posted by Dann
Not sure why it's stalling, but I would try batch rendering outside of Maya. The Maya interface uses a lot of ram that you don't need for rendering. Try this. Make sure your render settings are set up as you want them. Close Maya, and right-click on your maya file. It should give you a render option, so select that. It should start rendering in DOS.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

So you right click the maya mb file? I just tried that but did nt get a render option, any chance you could post a screen grab Dann?

Ive been creating a text file with the render flags (for thre rendering engine that I want) with the file extension and then saving that out as a .bat file to render with, never heard of your method, which would be great!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle