Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-07-2007 , 01:00 AM

No handles on manipulator

Hey all,

I don't have any handles on my scale and move manipulators in my orthographic and views and in my UV Texture Editor. Any idea how to get them on again?

Attached Images
# 2 25-07-2007 , 01:13 AM
Gah, I'm not by my own computer so I dont have Maya here but there should be a checkbox called "show manipulation tool" or something. I'm not certain where it is tho, have you checked the attribute editor?

# 3 25-07-2007 , 04:12 AM
Modify > Transformation Tools > Show Manipulator Tool? It shows/hides the manipulator completely in all views.
Like shown in the image in my first post, the manipulator is visible, but doesn't have the move-arrowheads or scaleblocks in the center and on each end of the manipulator. The rotate manipulator however is not visible at all in all views but the perspective.
I got this with all objects, in all projects. Couldn't find anything in the preferences either. It managed to work around it hoping to eventually bump into the solution, but it's too hard in the UV Texture Editor now. I'm stuck. user added image

# 4 25-07-2007 , 04:31 AM
Try reinstalling your graphics card drivers

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 25-07-2007 , 05:35 AM
YESS!!! it did the trick. Thanks for the tip.
Looks like with every new version of Maya I need to upgrade my graphics card drivers. Funny though, because the manipulator doesn't look like a new feature that relies on the latest technology user added image
Well .. I really would like to get back to work and catch up lost time, but it all took so much time, I have to get to bed again. :| 24hrs is just not enough for a day.