Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-08-2007 , 09:16 AM

Head in progress - looking Ok or not - with images

Hi all,

in the process of modelling a human head. Still working so not all quads at the moment but it will be an aim to maintain these. One image each for pre and post smooth. any comments appreciated, particularly regarding edge loops.

Thanks,

gubar.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 08-08-2007 , 09:39 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
great start, no comments at the moment

# 3 08-08-2007 , 09:45 AM
Thanks for the input. Encouraging to know it's a good start - it's taken a good few hours.

cheers,

gubar.

# 4 08-08-2007 , 02:35 PM
Subscriber
it's comming along nice!!, however i suggest you spend some time fixing the geometry because you have some divisons that just end near his chin area, this is why when you smooth it the geometry looks a bit messy

# 5 08-08-2007 , 02:40 PM

Originally posted by jali
it's comming along nice!!, however i suggest you spend some time fixing the geometry because you have some divisons that just end near his chin area, this is why when you smooth it the geometry looks a bit messy

Thanks for the input. I agree about the chin - I had some polygons there but deleted them, going to do the curve under from the chin to the throat a little later.

cheers,

gubar.

# 6 08-08-2007 , 05:19 PM
Subscriber
hi

from looking at your pic it seems you're having a bit of trouble with the mouth area. so i thought i would show you how i would fix it,

you see ideally you would want the geometry to flow in a circle this makes for better deformation, and is aslo how it is anotomically here is a pic

Attached Thumbnails