Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 13-10-2007 , 02:18 PM
Acid44

max script to maya

does anyone know how to change a max import/export script to a maya script? i cant use max for s*** and i want to make some cars for gta vice city so i tried usiing max to import the models then make my changes in maya the bring them back to max and and then to the game but i ended up with house size cars... so any help would be appreciateduser added image

# 2 13-10-2007 , 06:42 PM
You tried the FBX format?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 13-10-2007 , 11:46 PM
Acid44
ya but stil somehow it screwes up... it makes the scale off by about a foot in game
user added image

# 4 14-10-2007 , 12:25 AM
Have you checked to see if theres any import/export differences in settings for the size as I think that fbx might have a scale attribute somewhere, could be wrong though

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 14-10-2007 , 03:54 AM
Senior Software Developer
Check to ensure both apps are using the same scale settings in feet or meters. If that fails then use the scale in FBX but it is really inaccurate..

Sounds like the issue is when us export from Maya back to Max.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 6 14-10-2007 , 05:14 AM
Acid44
so use fbx to get it into maya and back to max right?... ill try once i get vice city installed again later today(did a little too much hacking user added image)user added image