Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 16-02-2008 , 07:11 PM
steinnalex

grass

can anyone tell me a simple way to crush grass.. a box appears from the sky and falls on the grassy surface, and i want it so that the grass doesn't go through the bottom of the box!!

can anyone help!
albadesign...

# 2 16-02-2008 , 10:57 PM
Subscriber
You will need to use a modifier (if your using paint effects that is), check out the help files for the different things you can do with them.

Chris

# 3 17-02-2008 , 02:04 PM
Subscriber
could he use active and passive soft bodies?? 'set collision'

take it easy and life will be easy
# 4 24-02-2008 , 02:48 AM
Subscriber
this isnt going to help one bit, so im sorry in advance. However, im going to fire away anyway. If you have the money to invest (which alot of people wouldnt bother as its alot of money for a hobby) id advise you to buy Shave and a Haircut by Joe Alter.

It has a hair and fur system like no other with awesome dynamic and collision toys to play with.

Like i said if it's just a hobby or your starting out, then im sorry i cant help. If you want fast results, and lets say your'e a freelancer, then Shave is one of the best investments you could make.

Awesome plugin!user added image

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 5 25-02-2008 , 11:56 PM
Subscriber
the paint effects grass works well, in 2008.., looks great.., change the view percentage for the view..., or the computer will only chug away trying to keep up

if your short on dollars, its a lot to spend on 'shave and hair cut just for grass' but then again ..???

try paint effects first.., whatever..,

Muser added image

take it easy and life will be easy