Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-02-2008 , 03:16 PM

Help please

Hi all, I'm a newbi to maya and am using it for a project at the moment howver am on a very tight time allowence and havn't had the time to fully get to grips with it yet.

I am envolved in a peice of work at the moment in which my client is using a 3d character developed in maya. However i need to use the character in 3ds max. I have the PLE version of maya however it doesnt allow me to export as .obj, .fbx or .3ds.

If i eMail the files to you is there somebody out the who is willing to export these for me so i can use in max.

If anyone could i'd be very gratefull, please I really am stuck on this.

Many Regards Rob

# 2 18-02-2008 , 03:39 PM
Subscriber
Unfortunately as it is only the PLE version of Maya your using you can't export them as obj etc and others won't be able to open them in a normal version of Maya.

Chris

# 3 18-02-2008 , 11:51 PM
Subscriber
i think he means his friends file.., he wants someone else to do his home work i bet user added image

good idea.., i have a few projects here that have to be in by next Friday.., can someone do them for me?? im tight on time too

this is great!!!user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 4 22-02-2008 , 03:39 AM
he just wants someone to export an obj so he can use them in max. unless exporting is his homework, i dont think its a big deal. send them to me and ill send you the obj's

ele0757 at uncw.edu

# 5 22-02-2008 , 04:12 AM
Subscriber
very sporting indeed.., and a very generous offer, but from this quote

'I am envolved in a peice of work at the moment in which my client is using a 3d character developed in maya. However i need to use the character in 3ds max'.

one would assume he would know someone a bit closer to home, if he simple wants to convert a file??? maybe not, but why cant he simply ask his 'client' to export it into OBJ rather than .ma.., .., usually clients dont mind doing this.., its called communication with your client.., and is encouraged in the industry.

this way, asking people here, seems most unusual, unprofessional and doesn't help him much in problem solving and communicating with his team/client, but there are always exceptions to this rule i guess.

and i could be wrong or completely mad??

Muser added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 6 22-02-2008 , 04:42 AM
i think we are all completely mad here.