Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 16-03-2008 , 12:36 AM

help please on a texturing issue

Hello everyone,
I`ve been following a 3dmax workshop on architecture and this guy (the workshop teacher) is somehow directly placing the textures, tilling them as he goes, without setting the building's UV coordinates.

He is also actively scaling and moving the texture in the perspective view (if he scales up the texture increasez, if he scales down, the texture decreases and tiles itself duplicating multiple times) .
Is there a similar way to texture buildings as fast and as interactively in maya?I'm not sure but he might have called it "box texturing or box mapping", (he clicks on the cube,sets a fast uv map, selects the face and places the texture).

How can I do that in maya?

Thank you for reading and hope I made myself understood ...

God bless!
Vick.

p.s. I need to add textures to puly cubesc actually because the buildings are made of cubes with added detail or extrusions but nonetheless I am sure there's an easier method of texturing these interactively instead of planar mapping/uv snapshot/photoshop/back into maya and so on.