Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 31-12-2002 , 05:21 AM

hey guys long time no post

Somone may remember me I posted a few times a while ago. Just got a copy of maya and really got into it. Then i lost interest and got snowed under. Now i have time to get back into it so im happy.

Anyways...

I just created a nurbs cylinder and have used planar on one end.

I'm creating a stargate type animation. So i'm going to be using turbulance..should look like this with movement in the end user added image

anyways since the number of divisions on the front of the cylinder effect the water effect i was wondeing how to insert more isospams or divide the face into smaller pieces..heres a pic so u may be able to discipher my ramblings , its just the one object but ill show u a few angles..

user added image

any help is greatly appreciated

cheers vamps

Last edited by VAMP1Re; 31-12-2002 at 05:24 AM.
# 2 01-01-2003 , 11:53 PM
SM Alumni
WB vamp.
Unfortunatly you cant insert iso's onto trimmed surfaces.. you could either try creating a cylinder with caps on, or use polys/subd's instead.

# 3 02-01-2003 , 01:59 AM
how do i create a cylinder iwth the caps already on?

# 4 02-01-2003 , 02:01 AM
The Maya Mountain
Create > Poly Primitives > Cylinder > Options

check caps on top and bottom

# 5 02-01-2003 , 02:24 AM
cheers please excuse my newbieness.