Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-03-2008 , 10:30 PM
Subscriber

32 02 64??

hi all.., i was thinking (and got a head ache so immediately stopped) .., i recently bulit a new PC (as some might remember) and it has a dual core AMD 64 times 2

does that mean i need a 64 bit version of maya???

i have no idea.., but this seems a job for Steve or the Architect.

Muser added image

it says

64x2 dual core

take it easy and life will be easy
# 2 25-03-2008 , 01:12 AM
Subscriber
hey mirek,

you don't need 64-bit maya. i have the same processers and i got a 32-bit version. its just that you are able to run a 64-bit version is you want

pat

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington
# 3 25-03-2008 , 02:50 AM
Subscriber
hey thanks, its just i have a slight case of hypochondria with computers. i get the occasional glitch and think , maybe if its the 64 bit version.., maybe thats the problem?? It seems it makes no difference..,

many thanks

mirek

take it easy and life will be easy
# 4 25-03-2008 , 04:04 AM
Hi Mirek

If you wanted to go to 64 bit you would need a 64 bit version of windows (or any os you want) and then 64 maya etc etc.

You can utilise more RAM etc.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle