Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-03-2008 , 04:55 PM
Subscriber

microphone at night

I modeled a realistic microphone I have and have it by a window at night turned on. I think I will add a small recorder to the scene. I was going to have a light fog going through the window, but I cant seem to get the fog to work the way I want using barn doors.I dont want the light to spill trough the walls and barn boors boxs the light but not to fit the glass perfectly like I want it.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 26-03-2008 , 09:46 AM
Subscriber
made it a little brighter to see a little more detail.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 26-03-2008 , 10:11 AM
It looks ok, but are you going for a properly realistic look to it?

The microphone looks pretty good, the materials could do with some work, but the moon looks out of scale also the shelf its sitting on looks flat and lacking in detial, and the window dosne look like its actually there, more like its in fornt of a monitor.

Its also hard to see if its on, theres not much detial on that, it might sound harsh but it seems a bit half done, good model of the microphone but bit lacking in the composition, materials and render.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 27-03-2008 , 08:42 AM
Subscriber
I agree gster after I looked at it again. I didn't take much time on this scene. I am going to actually redo it.