Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 16-07-2008 , 12:29 AM

Normals Color

Hey guys, I have been having trouble exporting some files via Collada, and I think I may have found that the problem is with the Normals on my mesh files.

I noticed that one of the trouble maker meshes has YELLOW vertex normals, while all the other meshes have GREEN vertex normals.

What do you think?

Also, I have been having problems with all the normals flipping (and the mesh becoming "black") when I duplicate with -1 X, then freeze transforms. Anyway to get around this?

"On the other hand... the early worm gets eaten."
# 2 16-07-2008 , 01:38 AM
normals>reverse does the trick. And I don't get what you mean by normal "color".. do you have a normal map applied? If not, there is no color.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 16-07-2008 , 01:45 AM
Well, after doing a bunch of things, including reversing the normals, it seems to work. But I wanted to post a screenshot of the normals "colors" I was talking about.

As you can see, the Vertex normals are yellow on one of the meshes, but green on the other.

Attached Thumbnails

"On the other hand... the early worm gets eaten."
# 4 09-12-2018 , 06:19 PM
They are yellow because they are locked.

# 5 04-01-2019 , 05:51 PM
I want to have this free streaming trial