Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-10-2008 , 04:02 PM

ATI RADEON X800 XT Mac Edition alternatives

Hi,

Well my trusty ATI RADEON X800 XT Mac Edition finally died on me. I see that they are very rare to come by, since some people are selling them on Ebay for $400.00. These days I cannot afford to buy one for my AGP slot G5. I'm very happy with the performance of my G5 and hope to keep it at least until these economic times get better.(if they ever get better)

Does anyone know of an alternative to my card that I can get today?
Thanks in advance!

# 2 06-10-2008 , 04:12 PM
Dunno mate, with it being an apple the list will probably be pretty short and pricey.

Would Apple not have a list of qualified cards?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 07-10-2008 , 01:12 AM
I recall seeing a few new AGP cards released a few months or a year ago for PCs, but I think they will be very rare now and even more rare for Macs. The only AGP cards I see in my catalog are ultra-low-end and are for PCs only. I doubt you can get a new AGP card based on a new chip these days, especially for a Mac. AGP has almost been completely replaced by PCIe now.

Are you sure that your card is dead? Maybe its reparable or something...

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 4 08-10-2008 , 02:45 PM
Subscriber

Last edited by Reggie69; 08-10-2008 at 02:48 PM.
# 5 12-10-2008 , 06:10 PM
Subscriber
Yeah what seems to be the problem of it? sure its not repairable...