Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 29-10-2008 , 07:19 AM

Head model

just wondering If i could have an opinion on What you guys think,threw this together in 4 hours,which i am pleased about has a month or so ago this would of took me a few days.I know its a little sharp in places.

Just getting a feel for maya again after a 3 week lay off due to studies. But just wanted to ask would this be able to be animated with the relavant extra work added.

I really want to do a small demo reel with a character just walking threw a desert. So as soon as I am happy with the topology of my modelling I will get into the harder stuff of animating a full character.

I want to be able to add maybe a little speech as well maybe just a few words, would there be anything I would need to do with the head if i was planning on him talking??

Cheers guys

And remember I am still a newb kind of and was impresssed with the little head i did:attn:

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 29-10-2008 , 07:20 AM
and again

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 29-10-2008 , 06:04 PM
Subscriber

Re: Head model

looks good from where i stand/sit

heh... just one thing... can you crop your images so we only see the relevant thing?

Originally posted by silverspawn
I want to be able to add maybe a little speech as well maybe just a few words, would there be anything I would need to do with the head if i was planning on him talking??

depending on if you want to move the mouth in sync with the words or not it could take a long time
i think you use clusters to control muscle groups on the face
although i dont know how you keep them cuz they disappear when you delete history....

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 29-10-2008 , 07:20 PM
So don't delete history.

# 5 29-10-2008 , 07:31 PM
delete non-deformer history ftw

FX supervisor - double negative
# 6 29-10-2008 , 08:11 PM
Personally I think the model needs a lot of reflinement before going on to animation, go back to the low poly mesh and then refine that to get a better shape, theres lumps and ridges about and a lackof definition.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 29-10-2008 , 09:40 PM
Thanks guys.

This was just a test run will start another head model in a few days,

I know theres lumps and bumps here and there,I will make sure I spend a little more time defining my other.If i was planning on animating is there any particular expression I need to adopt top the head? I know you need the T stance for body, but what about the head?

I was just wondering how do you get the images cropped to size???

jason

# 8 29-10-2008 , 09:58 PM
Just make it hav a neutral expression for the modeling pose.

As for cropping your images stick em into photoshop or GIMP or any image editing tool

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle