Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 18-11-2008 , 07:02 AM
Subscriber

random dvd recording question

If i want to put some video onto dvd and make it playable on a dvd player which programs should i use?

in otherwords, what should i encode the video as, and what program will let me encode it in that way
and what program will let me burn the encoded video to dvd?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 2 18-11-2008 , 09:57 AM
Nero, Adobe Audition, Adobe Premier, Avid Express Pro, many many many more.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 18-11-2008 , 12:39 PM
I like dvd lab pro for making dvds, the interface is shoddy but i found it can do pretty much everything (that i needed). I tried nero out but its super basic and it struggled with some simple tasks.

you should use mpeg 2 .m2v format for dvd if you dont allready.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 4 20-11-2008 , 04:15 AM
Subscriber
i thought nero was just for copying cds and dvds and burning ISOs and other data....

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 20-11-2008 , 11:01 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
I use nero it does a good enough job for me, the quality is cool, even on my hi def tv the output is good , also windows has a built in movie maker that does have a couple of hi def output options too.

But have a look around at the stuff the other guys recommended too. then just take your pick

Jay