Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 27-12-2008 , 04:10 AM

First Architecture Model

Hey Guys

This is my very first Architecture model, and only my 3rd ever completed model. I also have never done any rendering or texturing tutorials although I will look to do that next. So in other words please forgive the bad rendering and lighting.

Also a special thanks to some of the the guys from the newbie forum who helped me correct some major problems to which i owe the successful completion of this model. So thanks a bunch "Gect" and "Perfecto".

Here it is:

Last edited by thatsmybrand; 27-12-2008 at 04:19 AM.
# 2 27-12-2008 , 04:20 AM
Dah !!! Here it is, has lost a little resolution due to the need to change the size of the image, but you get the idea.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 27-12-2008 , 04:28 AM
Great job m8! Feels pretty darn good everytime a project is completed doesn't it? The render isn't' all that bad either, I can still see the details decently. And besides, your rendering skills will improve over time but for your 3rd completed project, you did pretty good user added image

Any idea what you'll do next?

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 27-12-2008 , 06:00 AM
Hey Perfecto

Thanks for the encouragement. Feels awsome to finally finish it.
Must have spent near 12-13 hours on it, 3-4 of them being trying to solve some crazy problems. But yeah quite happy with it being that it is my first attempt at architecture. Next I might try model a small Japanese tea house or Temple. Just to try and solidify in my mind all that I have learnt.

Have any suggestions as to what I should start trying to learn next??