Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-02-2009 , 07:57 PM

file referencing

I'm working on a large scene that I'm loosing free memory on when I try to render it. I was wondering if referencing files would help reduce the memory that I'm using so that I can render out my scene fully?

# 2 02-02-2009 , 08:38 AM
All your references would be loaded at render time anyway . How much memory do you have. You could allways break down the render into passes of certain objects.

E.g. Render half of the stuff on one render layer and the rest on another then merge them for the final comp.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 3 02-02-2009 , 10:24 PM
Darn, umm I'm not sure how much memory I have? I know it says somewhere in the task manager but I'm not sure which tab its in.

As for different passes I was hoping to sell this model and I was hoping to get out all of the kinks in the file.