Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 07-03-2009 , 02:50 PM

How Big is Animation Industry

Hi Guys,

I am planning to make a presentation on Animation Industry to a couple of important folks and was wondering if someone out there can help me with info on the same.

Primarily, I am looking at the scale and size of Animation Industry, penetration of the same into various fields including (and not limiting to) media, entertainment, medicine, construction etc.

Also what kind of spends are made specific to animation by these industries. For example, do we know how much Hollywood spends annually exclusively for the 3D part in the movies? How does this translate in $$ terms and as a percentage to the overall spend?

Any info, reference to a web site, study, papers submitted would be welcome.

Would be good to know how big our own industry is and how much spread our guys have so far.

Regards,

GP

# 2 11-03-2009 , 04:27 PM
Hi Guys,

I received a response for this in one of the other forums I posted it in. Research and Markets has done a very detailed analysis on the same and has released a report in 2008 (quite fresh)!!

The cost is quite high at $5k and hence I was wondering if there is any other similar report someone can suggest which is not this expensive..

Regards,

GP