Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 03-04-2009 , 09:58 AM

Advice needed

Hey guys,

I am trying to learn maya from a book named 'Mastering Maya 8.5'. The book is good. No doubt

Can you guys suggest some more learning material.

regards
Mahesh

# 2 03-04-2009 , 02:11 PM
The most effective way i found to learn was to first, set an objective. Like: "I want to do a gothic bell tower". Then i go after what i need to know as i go forward.
I always found boring to read without doing anything.

# 3 03-04-2009 , 03:20 PM
Senior Software Developer
Learning is a real personal thing. But the Human Eye and Brain will deal with retaining information from Images rather than reading.

That's why I always say learn from Video Based Tutorials, you can see what's happening backed up by being told what's happening.

Grab a freebie or pay for one from here or go to Digital Tutors and pay for one on DVD or Download from there. Video beats book hands down, it's how the brain works.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 04-04-2009 , 05:26 PM
Thanks guys for all ur suggestions.

Will definitely work on ur advice

Thanks again

Regards,
Mahesh