Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-04-2009 , 09:56 PM

maya cutting/ angle shots

Hello all, I am fairly new to Maya learning on modeling and keyframe animations. I was wondering how does one go about in Maya cutting between scenes and getting different shots/angles and having continuity like you see in short films using maya? For example, we have 2 characters talking and we cut away back and forth on their faces as they talk. Or say we have a character walking, camera cuts and now we have a close up shot of his hand as he picks up a piece of paper. I hope you get my point since I am a bit confused on how that process works. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -willa

# 2 26-04-2009 , 12:02 AM
The Nurb Herd
umm... you would edit it!

use FCP or Avid or something. user added image

# 3 26-04-2009 , 05:29 AM
Subscriber
yeah, what hammer said

you want to render out the entire sequence and do your scene cuts in post production software like the ones he suggested or any of the other ones like AE and toxik

if you want to just render everything out all at once then set up your cameras and then use the command line renderer to render the different cameras and you'll have the image sequence for each camera

then you can sow them all together in post

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 26-04-2009 , 09:09 AM
The Nurb Herd
maya is post. user added image